Whether you are using your own personal grill or those supplied by management, be sure that all grills are clean and covered when you are finished using them. Be sure that coals are cold and doused with water before you place them in the dumpsters or garbage cans. All grilles are used at your own risk and management assumes no liability for injury, damage or loss of any kind that may occur from their use.
Please exercise caution when walking on the sidewalks or driving in the parking lots during a storm while our crews are attempting to clear the snow. Stay clear of all snow removal equipment while in operation by our staff or contractors. All residents and children are advised not to climb, walk upon, play on or play in the accumulated snow piles. Move your car to facilitate parking lot snow plowing, if possible. Be patient leaving your apartment in a bad storm as the roads will be dangerous and therefore you should stay indoors, if possible. Use extra caution while walking on stoops, pathways, sidewalks and the parking lots during and after snow removal work as they will be slippery. Please realize that “freeze/thaw” conditions may make these areas dangerous even after we initially treat them.
Please use the common trash containers near your building or the can designated for your apartment (if applicable). Put all garbage in tied plastic bags before placing in the trash receptacles. No oversized items may be discarded without prior consent of management. There may be a charge for disposal. Please call management for details.
Please park only in designated spaces. Hatched areas are for special access or emergency vehicle use only. Cars parked illegally will be towed away without notice at the vehicle owners sole cost and expense.
Please place storage items in the area designated for your apartment. Items must be labeled with your name and apartment location. Unlabeled and dangerous items will be removed without notice (tires, mattresses, flammables, etc.) THE USE OF THE STORAGE ROOMS ARE AT THE TENANTS SOLE RISK. WE CANNOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR LOST OR STOLEN ITEMS.
If you choose to change your door cylinder we must be given a copy of the new key at once. All keys are kept secure and will not be given to anyone other than our staff to effect repairs in your apartment at your request or in case of emergency.
Please be concerned about your safety and the safety of your neighbors by remembering the following fire awareness tips:
- Don’t leave pots unattended on the stove and be sure to shut off the gas when you are finished cooking.
- Defective hair dryers, curling irons, toasters and frayed wires are a major source of danger. Inspect these items regularly.
- Too many lighting fixtures or appliances running off of one outlet can cause a short circuit. Please use UL rated multi-receptacle strips with a circuit breaker built in.
- Do not store any tires, flammable liquids or rags in the storage room. Dangerous items will be removed without further notice.
- DO NOT SMOKE IN BED!
- The smoke and CO detectors have a sealed battery that you cannot replace. A chirping sound means that the unit needs replacement or the detector is malfunctioning. Test your units once a month and report any problems to management or our maintenance department.
- Christmas tree lighting can cause fire. Do not allow live Christmas trees to dry out. Discard them in the dumpsters as soon after the holidays as possible.
- Hydrate your trees with a stand that is meant for that purpose.
- Monitor the use of holiday candles carefully. Never leave your apartment with candles still burning.
- We require that you purchase renters insurance. This type of coverage protects your valuables against loss and gives you certain liability coverage. This type of insurance is available from most companies and is relatively low in cost. Your landlord is not responsible for losses to your person property, even in the event of a fire or flood etc., and only carries liability and property insurance pertaining to its real property.
Apartment Lock Out Policy:
Prevent lockouts in order to avoid being charged for re-entry fees.
HINT: Try to leave a key with a neighbor. Push the mortise lock button on the side of the door to the open position if you are leaving your apt. for just a few minutes. Re-lock when back in the apartment. Keep a spare key in your wallet or pocketbook.
If you do get locked out you may take one of the following steps:
1. On Monday-Friday (excluding holidays) from 9:30am to 4:00pm you may come to the main office for help or find the superintendent on the premises. There is no fee for this service. We cannot guarantee that the office will always be open during these hours. YOU MUST PROVIDE US WITH PROOF OF IDENTITY IF YOU ARE NOT KNOWN TO US!
2. After these hours, but prior to 9pm, you may call the emergency phone number, (516) 387-1071, and a staff member, if available, will be contacted to meet you to gain access. YOU MUST LEAVE A CALLBACK NUMBER (for your cell phone, neighbor, etc.) so that the staff member can speak to you prior to opening your door. There will be a fee payable directly to the staff member for this service. Make sure you discuss this fee prior to asking for someone to come to the apartment. If you cannot wait for this service or if there is no one available (and after 9pm) you always have the option of calling a locksmith. This option will be at your sole cost and expense.
3. The Rental Agent is not permitted by management to unlock any door at any time. Please do not contact her or go to her apartment regarding locked doors as she cannot and will not be able to help you.
Thank you for your cooperation.